Here are five ways you can prepare your home for sale:
- Clean & declutter. Remove any excess furniture and belongings that are on the countertops or shelving to make the interior space feel more open.
- Depersonalize. Remove any photos or personal items that are specific to your family and lifestyle so that the new buyers can picture their family in that space.“The way the home looks from the curb is what draws buyers inside.”
- Do minor repairs. You don’t necessarily need to retile the bathroom or remodel the kitchen, but you do want to take care of other minor things, like making sure the doors and cabinets open and close correctly, patching up holes and nicks in the walls, or repainting the walls and trimming where needed.
- Enhance curb appeal. Make sure that the exterior of the home and yard is clean and tidy. One thing that makes a big impact is adding bright and colorful flowers and pots. Remember, it’s the way the home looks from the curb that draws buyers inside.
- Detach emotionally. Start to think of it as a house rather than your home. You want to visualize the new buyers moving in and yourself moving on to the next stage of your life.
If you have any questions or would like more information regarding this topic, please feel free to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to helping you in any way I can.